Wednesday, May 13, 2009

School Experience

Years ago, I accidentally found pencil lead under my son's back skin. It
was the only tip off that he was having a problem in school. He finally
confessed to me, the boy seated behind him had begun poking him with a
pencil, often. He did not want me to take the problem to school. I did, by
calling the principal, the next morning. The boy was moved to an area that
prevented this behavior.
* Is your child happy to attend school?
* If something is not going well, does your student feel it is all their fault?

Uncertain students are easy to convenience "it is their fault". Don't let this occur.

Should you answer yes to any of these questions, it is time to take a good look at your child's school situation. It may mean just alerting the teacher, it may mean going farther. But often, the first step will take care of the problem.

No comments: